Which cities suffer most from dengue, zika and chikungunya? • Health Congress 2022
Discover the largest and most necessary occasion within the well being sector in Brazil.
In Brazil, in 2022 greater than 855 thousand instances of dengue have been registered till May 16, a rise of 165.7% in comparison with the identical interval final 12 months, in keeping with knowledge from the Ministry of Health. Chikungunya instances reached 76,000, a rise of 75%. For Zika, greater than 3,000 information have been registered, a 70% improve.
The outbreak of illnesses, which has the mosquito Aedes aegypti as a vector, led to a scarcity of provides to diagnose dengue or chikungunya and a scarcity of reagents for reverse transcriptase adopted by polymerase chain response (RT-PCR), which concurrently detect all three arbovirus
The issue affected the states of São Paulo, Bahia, Rio Grande do Sul and Piauí, along with the Federal District, and there may be nonetheless no forecast for normalization of the provision. The arrival of merchandise is hampered by the battle in Ukraine and the covid-19 lockdown in China, as famous by the Committee for Laboratory Resource Management (CGLab).
Incidence champions of dengue, chikungunya and zika
The Midwest area had the best incidence of dengue, with a price of 1,283.8 instances per 100,000 inhabitants. Chikungunya is extra frequent within the northeastern area, with 106.8 instances per 100,000 inhabitants; whereas the Northern Region has the next incidence of Zika, with 2.47 instances per 100,000 inhabitants.
See the cities that had the best variety of instances of every arbovirus.
Brasilia (DF) is the Brazilian metropolis that registered the best variety of individuals with dengue, with greater than 41,000 instances and a price of 1,339 instances per 100,000 inhabitants. However, town of Votuporanga (SP) had the best incidence within the nation, with 8,973 per 100,000 inhabitants, with virtually 10% of the inhabitants confirmed to have the illness.
- Brasilia (DF): 41,438 instances (1,339.2 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Goiânia (GO): 38,521 instances (2,476.2 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Joinville (SC): 14,066 instances (2,326 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Aparecida de Goiânia (GO): 11,312 instances (1,879.6 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Palmas (TO): 11,036 instances (3,522.0 per 100,000 inhabitants).
The metropolis with the best variety of confirmed instances of chikungunya is Juazeiro do Norte (CE), whereas the best incidence was recorded in Salgueiro (PE), with a price of 4,257.6 per 100,000 inhabitants. Of the 5 cities with the most information of the illness, 4 are in Ceará.
- Juazeiro do Norte (CE): 4,144 instances (1,489.2 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Fortaleza (EC): 4,058 instances (150.1 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Salgueiro (PE): 2,621 instances (4,257.6 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Crato (EC): 2,530 instances (1,889.3 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Barbalha (EC): 1,994 instances (3,233.8 per 100,000 inhabitants).
The 5 cities with the best Zika file account for greater than 20% of all confirmed instances in Brazil. Although Petrolina (PE) has the best variety of instances, Várzea (RN) has the best incidence, with a price of 1,012.8 instances per 100 inhabitants and 56 confirmations of the illness.
- Petrolina (PE): 213 instances (59.3 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Caculé (BA): 204 instances (871.5 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Santo Antônio (RN): 116 instances (475 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- São Mateus (ES): 70 instances (52 per 100,000 inhabitants).
- Rondinha (RS): 68 instances (1,351 per 100,000 inhabitants).
Do you need to know extra? See right here the opinion of our specialist companions in Health.
supply: SBCBM, Leforte, Bariatric Surgery Convention, Ministry of Health
Was this content material useful to you?
1336800cookie examineWhich cities suffer most from dengue, zika and chikungunya?